Pool Pump Maintenance Before Costly Replacement
Pool Pump Maintenance is key to both a healthy swimming pool, as well as less cost for you. Maintenance and repair of your pump save damage that leaks cause also prevents replacement. Now is the time to have your pump checked and repaired as the cooler weather keeps splashing at a minimum. Why wait for a breakdown or major issue to call for help?
Pool Pump Maintenance is Important
The pool pump is one of the most important parts of the plumbing system. It is responsible for creating pressure, which forces the water to flow through the filter. It is the heart of your swimming pool. Without a working pump, your backyard friend will be scum filled, also unhealthy for your family and friends.
Pool Pump Problem Signs
Here are 5 tell-tale signs that your pool pump needs attention.
- Time. Motors last about 8-10 years before replacing. How long has it been? If less, now is the time for maintenance check-up and repairs.
- Sound. Loud screeching from the front and rear bearings are signs of trouble. A quiet motor is a healthy pump.
- Small repairs save money. Pool pump baskets, pump lid o-rings, or drain plugs, are simple replacements that save money in the long-run. Firstly, we find wear and tear, secondly we replace what is old and worn.
- Leaks. A leak in the pump is a sign of damage to the shaft seal, because of this problem your pool is in danger. Air in the basket, or air leak in the suction line, affects pump vacuum reducing filter efficiency, costing you more money. Leaks signal worn housing o-rings, bad shaft seals, bad thread sealant, or shrunken threads on discharge pipe.
- No Movement. Full pump baskets, or dirty and damaged baskets, restrict water from moving in the pump, also cause the pump to shut off occasionally, or permanently.
These are a few signs of problems with your pool pump, also reasons to call for maintenance and repair today. Great White Pool and Spa are experts on pool pumps, as well as healthy swimming for your Lancaster, Palmdale, Quartz Hill, and Antelope Valley home, or business. Do not wait for a broken pump that costs money to replace. Call today and schedule a check-up for pool pump maintenance today.